Mult-Grouping Grid Extension
This is an example of the Multiple Grid Extention as discussed on the ExtJS Forum Thread
Below is a working Example...
Note: Must be deployed on a server to work as is (i.e. it won't run locally from a file:/// link)
This example is based on the JaffaRIA deployment bundle which includes the full version of ExtJS 2.x, along
with the many extensions that have been added as part of JaffaRIA.
JaffaRIA can be downloaded and built from the CVS source,
or daily builds can found at http://jaffa.sf.net/repository/
Source code for the "Core Classes" can be found here
Example source code can be found here
- support for IE as well as FF (tested on IE6, FF2)
- to use the column headers, not the dataIndex names in the Group Text and on the toolbar
- to make sure all groups had "rs" set (not just the final group) so i could see at the higher levels total record counts
- add cache response in getRows() as it is internally called many times and is an expensive routine - i welcome feedback as to whether this is a good idea
- created the MultiGroupingPanel, to try and hide all the dropdown/toolbar stuff
- use the rendered if present on the column to provide the column value to the grouping template (very useful for Date fields)
- added example that uses "groupTpl" to do totaling of other columns in grid
- fixed header name changing issue (st_gross : #27)
- fixed grouping on Date objects (DamienValentine : #28)
- added support for passing in an array to set store.groupBy() fields, also added store.removeGroup() (tchitani : #32)
- Column Drag Icons (Blue Arrows) don't dissapear when column is dragged to top
- Width of grouping lines is not correct, extends beyond width of columns but not completely across grid
- Intergrate Jerry's Mods (#63)
- Provide an option to indent the rows so the first column is nested under the start of the inner most group. This give it the more natural look of a tree
- Working Example with live data that will test the server-side sorting and re-grouping
- Working Example the filter plug-in (how can you filter on a grouped column if it has been hidden) should there be a dropdown against the column name in the toolbar too?
- Drag and Drop on toolbar to re-order grouping columns
- Allow multiple columns to be in a single group header, in example data group by "Contract, Part/CAGE" instead of "Contract, Part, CAGE"
- Grouping based partial data in a column, for example group by first character of decription, group by year/month on a date, group by date only on values that include both date and time (#66)
- Full state management intergration so it remembers what you were grouping by last time