|News (as of Mon 14th, July 2003)
New Site Layout
As you can see we've refreshed the web site, and tried to make its navigation more orientated around the structure of the Java
itself (as you can see from the new navigation bar). We've also removed the frames, and are now using PPWizard for building the
site from HTML templates.
New Jaffa Release - v1.2.0
We've had the code for v1.2 in the CVS repository now for several months, and have been using it on various projects. Since it has
held up well and the bugs are at a minimum, we have decided to Tag it and put it out as an official release. As with all open source
projects, the main delay in the release is documentation, and in this case we've finally got round to writing the
Release Notes for this version.
The main highlights of this release are
New Tag Library User Guide
- Extended database support, we've now tested the persistence layer with Oracle 8i/9i, MS SQL Server 2000, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Our widgets have been overhauled to support not only IE v5.5 and 6.0, but now we can support Netscape 7.x, and Mozilla 1.3.x
- We have added a new Rules Engine facility that provided endless validation for the Domain Objects
- Maintenance Pattern and Application Generator to build a complete CRUD app from a Domain Model
- Multiple Locale Support for the widgets, including locale specific format and syntax patterns
- See the release notes for more details...
The Tag Library which is used for all the presentation widgets is a significant part of Jaffa. We have spent some time
trying to make a comprehensive reference site to help developer use these JSP tags.
Please enjoy the new site and release, as always we welcome feedback.